A fire in the garage of a three-story, custom Skyline Drive home that was ignited by stain-soaked rags was extinguished by a single sprinkler head with minimal water damage to the structure. And the incident serves example of value of installing fire sprinklers, officials said.
Firefighters from the Lake Valley Fire Protection District were called to the Skyline Drive home last Thursday at 10:15 p.m. for a report of a fire alarm. They found an extinguished fire in the garage. A single automatic sprinkler head mounted in the ceiling had activated and completely extinguished the blaze.”